Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas. Pathology manifests itself in acute and chronic forms. The condition has quite specific symptoms: severe pain in the left hypochondria, sometimes with a band, urinary stools, nausea and vomiting.
Diet in pancreatitis is one of the main areas of treatment for pathology. The patient's menu depends on the general state of health and the period of illness. It is necessary to follow a medical diet for several months.
The diet for pancreatitis should be sustainable. Basic principles of diet:
- partial nutrition - food should be consumed five to six times a day in small portions;
- dishes must be crushed, which facilitates the process of digestion of food;
- the permitted cooking methods are steaming and cooking;
- fresh vegetables and fruits are completely banned, i. e. y. not to cook;
- the permissible daily salt content does not exceed 5 grams;
- infusions and decoctions must be drunk on rosehip berries;
- dishes served at the table must be warm - hot and cold are contraindicated;
- canning, semi-finished, fatty / fried / very salty foods and products are completely prohibited.
Deviation from the principles of diet can provoke an attack of pancreatitis.
Allowed and prohibited products
In order to reduce the production of pancreatic juice and reduce the load on the inflammatory gland, it is necessary to completely eliminate from the patient's diet:
- Soups are cooked in rich meat, fish and mushroom broths, as well as complex soups - cabbage soup, pickles, borscht. Cold and dairy products are not included.
- Bread - today's wheat / rye flour pastries, puff pastry and cakes, butter-baked cakes, tortillas.
- Fatty meat - pork, lamb, duck, goose - sausages, offal, canned meat and smoked meat.
- Fish. Greasy varieties, smoked, salted are prohibited.
- High fat milk and lactic acid products.
- Groats - millet, pearl groats, wheat, corn.
- Fried and hard boiled eggs.
- Vegetables - turnips, radishes, garlic, peppers, eggplant, cabbage, spinach.
- Sweets - jam, ice cream, fresh dates, grapes, bananas, figs.
- Spicy condiments.
- Coffee, strong tea, coffee, soda, grape juice.
- Refractory fats - pork, beef, lamb.
When making a menu for each day, it is necessary to take into account the recommendations of nutritionists and use only approved products. These are:
- dried loaf, biscuits, homemade crackers;
- vegetarian soups with the addition of vegetable purees - potatoes, zucchini, pumpkin, carrots - pasta, semolina or oatmeal;
- lean meat - chicken, rabbit, turkey - in the form of steam cutlets, souffle, dumplings, beef stroganov;
- low-fat fish species - pollack, carp, cod;
- grains - oatmeal, semolina, rice - used to make grains, stews, puddings;
- low-fat lactic and lactic acid products;
- steam omelette without yolks;
- vegetables - potatoes, zucchini, beets, pumpkins, cauliflower, carrots, green peas;
- sweet berries and fruits in the form of mousses, jellies, oven-baked apples;
- sauces - milky and cooked in vegetable broth (the latter is not baked using flour);
- butter and vegetable oil;
- weak tea with lemon, still mineral water, rosehip decoction, juice diluted with water.
Diet for acute pancreatitis
If we talk about what diet is recommended for a patient with an acute form of inflammation, this is the 5P treatment table. For the first two to four days, a person is recommended to be completely hungry. Only liquid is allowed - decoction of rosehips, Borjomi (without gas), weak tea. The patient then switches to nutritional therapy. Unsalted but high-carbohydrate dishes are allowed on the menu.
Approximate list of dishes that can be included in the menu:
- steam omelette on protein;
- meat souffle;
- fish and meatballs;
- pure soups - rice and oatmeal - and vegetarian options;
- vegetable purees;
- mashed porridge - rice, buckwheat, oatmeal;
- apples jelly or mousse;
- fruit drinks made from wild rose berries, cranberries, black currants;
- tea with milk;
- curd and dishes thereof;
- cereal puddings.
Before going to bed you can offer kefir, yoghurt, a glass of water with a spoonful of honey dissolved in it, prunes and raisins.
Approximate weekly menu
When creating a weekly menu, keep in mind that the patient’s diet should be varied. You can take advantage of these recommendations when creating a patient menu for an entire week.
Breakfast can be served with boiled beet and dried fruit compote salad, 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese and rosehip decoction, steam omelette without yolks, weak tea with biscuits, grated oatmeal and berry jelly, pumpkin porridge, rosehip, grated buckwheat porridge, compote.
Second breakfast: well-cooked rice porridge with steamed raisins, carrot salad with vegetable oil, apple stuffed with dried apricots, pumpkin and carrot puree, boiled beets, apple fried with sugar.
For lunch, vegetarian soups such as borscht, boiled fish garnished with well-cooked rice, boiled beef, curd stew, steamed chicken cutlet, pasta with boiled minced meat, stew. Snack options: fruit jelly, vegetable roll, fresh berry jelly, fruit pudding, baked potatoes, sandwiches with butter and a piece of cheese, bean puree.
Dinner: fried apple puree and low-fat yogurt, rice porridge with raisins, varenettos, vinaigrette and yoghurt, sauerkraut, a glass of yogurt, zucchini caviar, kefir, steamed omelette, fermented fried milk, rice porridge pudding and low-fat
When alternating dishes, you can create a "delicious" menu of the week, which will provide the patient with all the necessary ingredients, but at the same time the pancreas will receive a minimum nutritional load. Recipes for some dishes can be found below.
Nutrition in pancreatitis with gastritis or cholecystitis
If the underlying disease is accompanied by the development of cholecystitis, the menu may include:
- mucous soups made from rice, oatmeal or semolina;
- mashed porridge cooked in water, the addition of milk and butter is strictly prohibited;
- vegetable juices, compotes;
- homemade white bread toast;
- grated cooked meat, fish;
- low-fat cottage cheese.
For pancreatitis and gastritis, the menu should be mashed soups of oatmeal, rice and semolina, to which you can add egg yolk and a little butter, mashed vegetables - potatoes, carrots, beets - with the addition of milk or cream. , steam souffle, cutlets, etc. , dumplings from minced meat and fish.
The strict variant is recommended only during the acute period of the disease. Once the condition has stabilized, the person switches to the diet recommended for chronic pancreatitis.
Peculiarities of diet in childhood
The basic principles of children's nutrition are decomposition, maximum degree of grinding, compliance with culinary processing requirements and diversity. Small portions, if served frequently, prevent the child from feeling hungry. In this case, there is no violation of the metabolic process.
The daily caloric intake is calculated based on the child’s weight and age. In the remission stage, fresh vegetables and fruits are allowed on the menu (limited), but the diet is based on flakes with milk, minced meat dishes - chicken, turkey, vegetable soups without meat, fish - cooked. or fried, cooked vegetables, dairy products. In small quantities and daily the child is allowed to give marshmallows, marmalades, jams, jams, honey.
Important!When adding a new product to the diet, it is necessary to monitor the condition of the child.
Here are some recipes for dishes that can be prepared for a diagnosed pancreatitis.
Grind the cooked beef pulp (130 g) in a blender bowl. Pour the semolina (10 g), whipped protein, yolk and a little water (about 1/3 glass) into the puree. Add a few salt crystals. Grease the mold with oil, add the prepared minced meat and fry in a double saucepan.
Grind the lean fish (300 g) in a meat grinder. Crush a quarter of the dried loaf and pour the pieces into milk (100 ml). Squeeze the bread and mix with the minced meat, add a couple of whipped whites. Add salt and mix well. With two spoons, form small balls and cook in salted water until soft. This will take about 15 minutes.
Vegetable puree soup
Cook until completely baked potatoes (2 pcs. ), Carrots and half a small zucchini. Pour the broth into a separate bowl and chop the vegetables until pureed. Pour the puree with the broth until the desired consistency and bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes. Serve warm with a spoonful of sour cream soup.
The fish carcass must be divided into two parts. Cook the first and rub through a sieve. Grind the second part in a meat grinder. Mix both masses, add egg yolks, butter, salt. Knead. Divide into portion forms and evaporate.
Grind the cooked chicken in a meat grinder. Add egg yolks and butter to the minced meat. Stir thoroughly. Then gently pour the whipped whites into the loose foam. Pour the mass into a mold and evaporate.
Dissolve 2 sachets of gelatin according to the instructions. Add 250 ml of natural yoghurt. Steam a few bananas and peeled peaches. Apply foil to the bottom of the plastic mold. Dessert is formed in layers - biscuit crumbs, yoghurt cream with gelatin, banana-peach puree. Alternative layers. Put the sweetness in the fridge to solidify the jelly.
Adherence to the principles of diet in pancreatitis is a prerequisite for achieving permanent and long-term remission. The menu for adults and children with pancreatitis with the right approach to development can be quite varied and fully meet all the needs of the body.