The beautifully named "6 Petals" diet is a fast weight loss method developed by the Swiss nutritionist Anna Johansson and included in the list of the officially recognized European Association of Nutritionists. in a fairly short time. Let’s find out what a "6-petal diet" is, is it really that effective and what can you do to lose those extra pounds?
Weight loss in six days: a six-petal diet
The popular six-petal diet was developed by Swedish nutritionist Anna Johansson. It is based on the principles of a separate diet and consists of six one-time diets, that is, the menu should contain only one type of food each day. The diet is designed so that the so-called protein days alternate with carbohydrate days, which, according to the nutritionist, help to get rid of unnecessary pounds as quickly as possible. The basic condition is that this method of weight loss does not change the daily menu, as well as the sequence of one-time diets.
Why a 6-petal diet? Everything is quite simple: before you start observing it, the author proposes to draw 6 petals, marking each stage of the diet, and make a flower from them, and then tear off every day as we move towards the cherished goal. According to the author, this will help maintain the motivation of the person losing weight: every day, getting rid of another petal, he clearly sees which segment of the road has already passed and how much is still waiting.
Basic rules of petal diet
Each weight loss technique has its own rules. The six-petal diet is no exception:
- food may not be less than four, with breaks between which may not be more than four hours. The best option is two breakfasts (after some time), lunch, afternoon tea and dinner (best no later than six o'clock in the evening);
- food consumed must be chewed thoroughly. This will help enrich the enzymes and improve the digestive process;
- adhere to the drinking regimen. You can drink plain water (at least a liter and a half a day) and unsweetened green tea. It is forbidden to drink while eating, preferably half an hour before or after a meal;
- the amount of salt consumed in one menu day should not exceed 5 g, that is, about two-thirds of a teaspoon. You can use fresh or dried herbs as spices.
Following the diet, you will need to give up six petals:
- pastries of all kinds, except a couple of slices of whole grain bread per day;
- sweets of all kinds, including shops and homemade confectionery, preserves and jams, chocolate and all other products with a high sugar content;
- butter and vegetable oil;
- preserved, smoked and fried foods, prepared semi-finished products, fast food;
- coffee of all kinds, sweet carbonated drinks, compotes, jellies, store-packed juices. On the last day of the diet (fruit) you can pamper yourself with some freshly squeezed juice.
And a last rule: on each day of weight loss, the menu can not contain products that are not included in the specified group.
Advantages and disadvantages of losing weight with a separate diet method
The advantage of a petal diet is that:
- it helps to lose a few pounds in just a week;
- alternation of one-off diets is more easily transmitted than, for example, one that needs to be monitored for several days;
- frequent food helps a person losing weight not feel hungry.
This technique has no disadvantages, namely:
- such a strict diet as any other diet is stress for the whole body. It gets too many products and clearly not enough others, in other words, it upsets the nutrient balance;
- non-compliance with personal taste preferences. For example, some people don’t like fish and have to eat it all day. It is a certain psychological tension;
- the effectiveness of the individual power supply has not been fully demonstrated. This is similar to the placebo effect: when a person believes that diet will help him lose weight, it may pay off. He does not believe - risks getting into the ranks of experimental participants who did not help to lose weight alone. By the way, researchers at the Weizmann Institute in Israel conducted a study that found that different human bodies may react differently to different foods. Accordingly, the outcome of the diet may be different;
2016Researchers at the University of Colorado have also conducted a study of the direct effects of nutritional components on the human body.
but the main disadvantage of an emergency diet is that such a technique cannot change a person’s approach to food. This can help you lose pounds, but will not eliminate the cause of their appearance.
6-petal diet daily menu
If you start the weight loss process on Monday, it could be:
- Monday: fish menu
On the first day, the diet should be limited to fish. Seafood can be cooked, baked in the oven or steamed. To improve the taste, a small amount of herbs or natural spices are allowed to be added. Pleasant moment - the use of oily fish is allowed.
The menu for any diet day should include first and second breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner (we will denote them by numbers below).
- boiled fish;
- fish cooked in the oven;
- fish-free fish soup with some greens;
- steam fish;
- cooked crayfish or seafood (squid, shrimp).
- Tuesday: vegetables
Like fish, vegetables can be cooked in the oven and steamed as well. All this without butter, cream and other products that make the dish tastier.
- Boiled potatoes as well as shredded white cabbage.
- Broccoli or cauliflower from a double boiler (you can combine both types of cabbage in one bowl). Vegetable stew cooked without oil. You can put greens.
- Fried pumpkin slices or grated celery root. You can add fresh vegetables - carrots, cucumbers, sweet peppers.
- Fried vegetables. The dish can be varied with fresh vegetables such as cabbage or carrots.
- Wednesday: chicken meat
The middle of the diet is often the most difficult both physically and mentally. Protein will help prevent apathy that interferes with a slender person’s plans.
Example of today's menu:
- Boiled breast fillet.
- Bake in the oven without skin.
- Chicken soup (pour the first broth) without adding vegetables with meat and herbs.
- Steamed chicken thigh without skin.
- Boiled breasts on the bone (remove the skin).
- Thursday: cereals
On this day it is allowed to use all types of cereals without oil, boiled in water.
Fourth day menu:
- Steamed buckwheat, prepared in the evening.
- Rice pudding.
- Millet porridge.
- Buckwheat porridge.
- Friday: curd
Today’s diet should include only cottage cheese and one glass of skim milk.
- Low - fat cottage cheese without any additives.
- Salted curd cheese.
- Curd and half a glass of skim milk.
- Pure curd cheese.
- Curd and milk residues.
- Saturday: Fruit Day
Only fruit, ideally green, is allowed on this day.
- One banana (large).
- Apples and citrus fruits.
- Bananas or kiwi.
- Any fruit (preferably seasonal and acceptable quantity).
On this day, in addition to water and unsweetened green tea, you can treat yourself to fresh fruit juice.